In our last episode of phone fun I had got an HTC TOUCH , Well…… That didn’t work out so well. Exactly 360 or so days the HTC touch Starting having issues with the screen and Calls. Now, from trials and tribulations with sprint I learned the last thing you want to do is call *2 on your phone. Doing that is like crank calling the deathstar while its in orbit around your planet. Sprint Over the phone support basically told me I had to buy a new phone. Which I don’t have money I can magically pull out of my ass. So I did the next best thing, I headed down to a sprint corporate store. Since I pay my phone bill locally by walking into these stores I figured I’d get a better idea of what to do. After a short talk they sent us down to Boxboro Massachusetts. They have a repair depot up that way, anyways after a 30minute drive and a 30 minute wait they told me the phone was shot(radio was damaged). After a short wait they sent me on the way with another HTC Touch(#2), After getting that home with-in a few hours the audio on that phone sounded like a cat barfing in your ear. Called *2 and sprint offered to send out yet another HTC touch(#3). They shipped it overnight which was very nice and it arrived on monday.
I had that phone no more than 48hours when the phone would just lock and gave a screen of death, Now I am fairly careful with phones and use screen protectors and such. After wasting 3 of them I was not exactly happy. That Phone went back to sprint. To make a long story short, I’ve gone through alot of HTC touches and as Far as my last post about this phone in 2008 . How does the phone rate up?
A bit of a learning curve which kind of surprized me but none the less I like it so far. As far as my requirements for a phone
Requirements for a Phone
- to make calls
- The Phone is configurable
- good battery life
- add/make ringtones
- Applications that don’t cost a years pay for a small 3rd world country
Well… After a year with one phone and 1 to 2 months on 4 others.
1 The phone defiantly passes on. For a refurbished HTC-Touch that is debatable.
2. Again you can’t knock the touch on this, its extremely configurable once you figure out the interface.
3. battery life… That is actually pretty good. Although using the GPS Or other intensive options I would recommend a car-charger.
4. You can make ringtones till you puke with this thing rather than jumping through hoops trying to convert soundfiles into strange formats.
5. As Far as applications go, you can find most of the common apps you need on the phone although I’d recommend downloading Google maps. With enough looking you can find pretty much any app you want for the phone but, this is where i’d give the Iphone or palm pre a small advantage with an “app store” for centralized buying of applications although the Iphone is more like Locked into the app store which I believe you can not install any 3rd party apps w/o jailbreaking the phone.
6. Lastly durability I seriously question, as the phone did make it One year. as Far as the refurbished HTC-Touches.. Those sucked ass.. there’s not enough swears in the English language to say what shit the HTC Touch Refurbs are. I may of run into a bad line of them but that is hard to believe that i’d of gone through that many phones.
as far as my current phone, Sprint has offered me a HTC Diamond, Again i leave this post open till the next time I come back to phones.
As far as sprint is concerned – It seems they are OK as far as support as long as you get the right person.
Posted in Money, Phones, Reviews, revisit, Sprint, Stores, tech ect and tagged HTC, HTC-touch, Money, Phones, Repair shop, Sprint, Support by Mike with no comments yet.
I’ve just about had it with the G Series of Logitech mice. I don’t know why but, they always seem to get the double click of death after only months of use.
right now my mouse is inthe process of being sent to Logitech, Thankfully support was willing to RMA my mouse for a completely different mouse.
our Warranty Department and I can offer you the MX1100 Cordless Mouse as a replacement.
The MX1000 I had lasted 4 years before any problems what so ever with that mouse and I hope the quality is better than the Logicrap G7
So hopefully there should be a Review of the MX1100 thats Favorable instead of Hulk angry want to kill a mouse rant.
Posted in Computer hardware, Computers, logitech, tech ect and tagged Computers, G7 doubleclick, logitech, mouse, Repair shop, Support by Mike with no comments yet.
Yes i had to make the bad title joke…
Posted in Computers, logitech, tech ect, WTF!? and tagged logitech, Repair shop, WTF!? by Mike with 1 comment.
Around Feb 2’nd my Wii started acting Strangely with vertical bars up the screen with green pixels, So my wii had ED (electronic dysfunction) .
I sent it off to nintendo that week and amazingly the repair took next to no time at all, It was back at my house as of Feb 15th. after i had sent it out around the 8th or so . it amazes me how fast the system was returned to me, they replaced the entire system with a new system and new serial number. As far as getting everything re-setup all i had to do was redownload my Virtual console games and resync the controllers.
Posted in Wii and tagged Etc, Repair shop, Wii by Mike with no comments yet.