After Much Dealings with replacing my phone more times than the amount of explosions in a Michael bay movie, Sprint has worked with me and I have gotten away from HTC..
After going back and forth with the executive customer care since my phones kept having issues. they offered to restart my contract and pick up a phone at new contract cost, which was alot better than returning phone after phone. I tried to get a brand new EVO in hope of getting a phone without issue.
It just seems sprints flagship phones from the refurbished end are TERRIBLE.
From the B spot to random reboots and bad sound…
I wondered if HTC’s release products are the same – there is no way quality control should of ever let these phones back on the market. A refurbished phone is like a repaired car, It should look and act like NEW..
Anyways I am fully done with HTC.. the only way I’d use one is if one was given to me…
well, This time i’ve gone with a Samsung… though, The second phone problem going back to Phone fun 3 was a samsung. This time I’ve gone with a Samsung Nexus s 4g
Now in previous post I’ve had my “Requirements for my phone”.
- to make calls –
- The Phone is configurable
- good battery life
- add/make ringtones
- Applications that don’t cost a years pay for a small 3rd world country
Basically The nexus S is as follows.
- This phone makes calls and does it well with one small stipulation.. in some areas the antenna for the phone is lacking.
- Configuration on most android phones is your mileage may vary.. but this phone you can configure it pretty much ANY way you please… rooting is fairly simple. reflashing is simple.
- This point Really needs a to be explained, since any smart phone will not hold a candle to a “dumb” phone , On average a smart phone lasts about 1 day on a decent charge. The EVO on average would require charging after about 18hours. The nexus easily passes the 1 day marker and most days it gets close to 2 days before requiring to be charged.
- on android phones this is a dead simple process.
- Android Market has all kinds of applications- but, Its now not cost … but moreover privacy with apps now.
- While this phone feels very light its fairly durable. the EVO in comparison weighs alot more.
So far this phone has served me extremely well .. and hopefully (knock on wood a tree or something) I will not have any issues with this.
Im leaving this post fairly short.
Hopefully I will not have to go back to this post and make phonefun MMMXXXVI
Posted in Phones, Reviews, Sprint, Stores, tech ect, technology and tagged HTC, Money, NEXUS S, Phones, review, Samsung, Sprint by Mike with no comments yet.